Monday, March 23, 2009

Worship Confessional, Tuesday March 17th

Howdy worship world!
This post is part of Fred McKinnon's sunday set lists. You can click here to check out what's going on in worship services across the world. http://www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2009/03/22/sunday-setlists-35/

This week I led again the college and young adult ministry we call TNT or the tuesday night thing.
Tonight was a small group night and the format for that is usually a short worship set, a re-cap video, announcements, and then small groups.
If you want to see one of the silly re-cap videos click here. It may make you laugh!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=49601093#/video/video.php?v=523017267537


Here's the short worship set we did.

Mighty to Save (Hillsong)
Better Is One Day (Redman)
Amazed (Jared Anderson)

The team was stripped down to just two of us, both on vocal and guitar.
We had some misunderstanding as to key/capo issues during rehearsal , but we got everything worked out well for the service. The set went very smoothly with no glitches, and the other guitar player, Tim, played some sweet transitions between songs. It was seamless, and peeps seemed to be connecting through the worship.

This was a bit of a landmark service for me because for probably the first time, I wasn't nervous to play guitar and sing at the same time. It actually felt natural, like it was what God made me to do, and not just something I was pushing myself to accomplish. I was able to worship freely and not solely think about where my fingers were heading next.

If you are a vocalist worship leader who's thinking about learning an instrument, stop thinking, and just do it! Pick between keys and guitar and sign up for your first lesson this week. If you're anything like me, you'll be more than glad you did.

Have an amazing week!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a great way to describe it, "Like is was what God made me to do." I'm sure it was a powerful service

    ReplyDelete
  2. TNT- i like that ALOT!
    very clever.
    :)

    Great set list- simple but great- those are some seriouly great songs-
    yeah i would have to say being a worship leader and playing an instrument (keys for me) is such a +. It takes your personal worship (and public worship) to a whole other level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious - how lon have you been playing guitar? Thanks for your blog - really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading! I've fiddled around with it off and on for a while..but I've been playing seriously, with lessons and practicing, for just about exactly one year.

    ReplyDelete