Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday, April 19th

This week I had the chance to fill in for the illustrious Brian Lusky, my guitar teacher, friend, and amazing worship leader of Grace church.

The venue is amazing.
I am used to leading in a old department store, a school cafeteria, and a bar. This is a new multi-whatever dollar building. Amazing!

The musicians were phenomenal.
They rolled with my changes after just a little coaxing and were uber-easy to work with and extremely talented.

The people responded.
This church has a young adult crew in the front left hand side who really breathe life into the service.

Here's the dealio.

Blessed Be (key of A) (Kathryn Scott version)
probably should of went down to (G) based on the sinus infection

We Cry Out (Kim Walker) (key of Gb)
got some blank stares at the 9, but it went over amazingly at the 11

Hosanna (Brooke Fraser) (key of E)
a touch of awkwardness waiting for the band to start in the 9, fixed it for the 11!

Awesome God (Vicky Beeching) (key of E)
we transitioned seamless from one song to another...I do love a smooth transition!!

Amazed (key of D)

The pastors did a bang-up job of answering tough questions about homosexuality, creation, evolution, and literal/figurative interpretation of the Word.

I am constantly reminded lately, of what a huge privilege it is to be a worship leader; can't think of anything better really...I am blessed!

This is part of sundaysetlists! check it!
http://www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2009/04/19/sunday-setlists-39/

6 comments:

  1. You rocked the house Jen Kerr - thanks so much for your leadership in our services this AM. Your words were anointed, the song selections were right, your leadership of the band and of the arrangements was spot on, you and Roland sounded great together, it was a great week. Thanks for your willingness to step in and lead us in Brian's absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worship leading is such a huge privilege isn't it..being charged to bring God's people into His presence...wow!

    Sounds like a great day, though sorry about the sinus infection

    Meanwhile, I'll try and gloat less about our weather down here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing Kathryn Scott's version of Blessed. Great set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at you! Uptown! :) don't you just love leading somewhere else sometimes? gives you a fresh perspective and a fresh sense of "I love this" We Cry OUt! Dadgummit- I need to get on the roll- and get this song in my regular rotation- Gb?!?!?! ewwww...as a keys man that makes me cringe! :) but I bet you brought down the house! Hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazed and Hosanna, two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I Love We cry out, Hosanna and amazed. :)

    ReplyDelete