Monday, June 1, 2009

Church in a Bar 5-31-09

Here's the rundown

Came to My Rescue (Hillsong United- Key of A)
Forever (Tomlin- Key of E)
At the Cross (Hillsong- Key of E)
I Stand Amazed (Tomlin- Key of G)

Message

How He Loves (Kim Walker version- Key of G)
Let the Praises Ring (Brewster- Key of E)


Here's the downlow

The band was loud.
I could play guitar as loud as I wanted and noone could tell if I messed up. You can look at that as a positive and as a negative...hmm. (If I close my eyes, I can still hear the cymbals)

We had bass, drums, electric and acoustic guitar!! It's great for me to play with a full band. (It almost makes me feel like a real musician!)

People especially connected with How He Loves and I Stand Amazed. Back to an acoustic feel for next week and we'll see how it goes....

You should check out what's shakin' at other worship services here at Fred's!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the keys you play your songs in, right in my range! I wish I got to play with a full band more often too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the band is loud. The closer I can stand to the drummer, the more I like it, 'cause I can feel it. Sounds like you had a blast praising God. That's a good thing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, loud bands - I know thee well :)

    And I might have mentioned before how much I love Kim Walker...

    ReplyDelete