Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunday May 17th, Union City site




This week I led at our smallest multisite. This particular site meets in a high school cafeteria under bright fluorescent lighting with "Got Milk?" moustache posters peppering the walls around us. So you know..the ideal venue.

This was another milestone week for me as I led with guitar, but without another guitarist to fill in or cover my errors.(which are legion)

I had myself, a superb violinist who I just started working with, a solidly solid bass player, and a surprise alt. percussionist who was there but not on the schedule.

And the set went down like this..

I Stand Amazed/How Marvelous(Tomlin) Key of G
How He Loves (Kim Walker)I switched to G for the violin and I may like it better in G
Mighty to Save (Morgan/Fielding) Key of D

Announcements/Offering

Hosanna (Brooke Frasier) Key of E
At the Cross (Hillsong) Key of E
I Will Not Forget You (Waterdeep) Key of G

The Diggety
This was an amazing service. The level of engagement was astounding, surprisingly high. It was my best experience at this site to date. I went in prepared, but I was expecting to play terribly. Also, based on my last experience at this site, I was expecting to have little response.
It was the opposite and I was seriously blown away by God's goodness.
I had prepared Nicki, the new violinist, for blank stares and folded arms. Instead she was shocked to find raised hands, loud voices, and engaged hearts.
wow. Wow! WOW!

The Dirty
All the dirty was in the evening service at another site.. but the morning was so amazing that I'm not even going to write about the evening.

This bloggishness is just a small part of sundaysetlists and you should check out some other ones. Interesting stuff!

10 comments:

  1. glad it went well.

    wait...but why do you always sing the same songs? you should get some new material. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Danielle!
    Yes,peeps, it may seem like I do the same songs over and over again.. but it's because I've been leading at three different venues in the past three weeks..
    But now I am getting a little Hosannaed out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! That is a hilarious question!
    Great venue. love the got milk posters- you lead worship in some of the most unusual spots! haha. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it can be pretty lonely when you're the only guitar. It's great when you get a rhythm section that takes the groove-keeping worries off your head. Sounds like it was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pics look good, i wonder who took them...oh wait that was me, lol. it sounded great btw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the instrumentation of guitar, bass, percussion and violin, sounds like a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hosanna is currently on holiday at our place...but might be back in winter.

    Mighty To Save has also taken a well-deserved vacation.

    However, it sounds like you had a great service Jen. I'd LOVE to have a violin. And milk posters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics. Thanks for sharing them.
    I agree with David... I'd love to have a violinist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics as well!

    Part of my desire is to have a photographer at every service capturing the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We meet in a school cafeteria too. Gotta love the 'motivational' posters!

    ReplyDelete