Monday, May 4, 2009

Church in a Bar, May 3, bullfighting edition

The dirty:
Broken Bus
Malfunctioning elevator.
A mechanical bull in the middle of the stage blocking the line of sight from bass to percussion.
A busted D string (yeah, not G) strange huh?

The Diggety:
So there were some issues but seriously, an amazing night of worship

Hosanna- Brooke Fraser E
Awesome God- Beeching E
Amazed -Anderson -D

communion and smoking testimony

I Will Not Forget You-Waterdeep C
At the Cross- Hillsong- E
I Stand Amazed (How Marvelous)-Tomlin- G

It was actually kind of fun to have a mechanical bull behind me during worship.
I can't say enough how awesome it is to lead worship at this venue. People who come are so ready to join together, let loose and worship with open hearts and booming voices. It is so much easier to lead here then my church's other two venues. The feel is incredible.

I got to play with an old friend tonight (Mike's not old, I've just known him forever) for the first time since making the transition from vocalist to instrumentalist. It was an honor to play with one of the people who inspired me to learn to play in the first place. He is also partly responsible for my current obsession with Taylor guitars.

I was especially nervous to play tonight, even more than usual, but it was an incredible time of worship. I did make a lot of errors, and I'm not near the guitar player I would like to be, but I don't think my playing detracted from worship at all, which is my worst fear.

Mike saved the day, by bringing along extra strings and fixing my Taylor without even blinking!
Amazing!!
All in all we took the bull by the horns (yeah, I couldn't help it) and it was another great evening at CIAB! God is so good, it hurts.

Check out some other sets over a Fred's.. you know you want to.. http://www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2009/05/03/sunday-setlists-41/

4 comments:

  1. Love it- we took the bull by the horns...haha.
    Great set list- I love "I Will Not Forget You" don't ever hear that song done....alot.

    :)

    No bull about it (sorry)
    You guys had great services!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It was actually kind of fun to have a mechanical bull behind me during worship."

    Best line I've ever read on a #sundaysetlist post.

    HAHAAAA

    It does sound like you had an awesome time with God. I love His sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it went off great, Jen! I loooove Vicky Beechiiiiiiiing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song choices!
    Did you get to ride the bull?
    Not during worship of course lol.

    ReplyDelete