Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunday, June 7th- Church in a Bar

We had a team of three last night at CIAB.
Ry and I on Taylor and vox, and a new vocalist/old friend Cathi on vox as well.

Here's the run-down.

Beautiful One (Tim Hughes, key of D)
Hosanna (Brooke Frasier, key of E)
Come Thou Fount (key of E)

Message/announcements

Healer (Mike Guglielmucci, key of Bb)..(yes, I know, I still use it)
At the Cross (HIllsong, key of E)
Your Are God Alone (Foote, key of Ab)

The Dirty:
I didn't have the chords written in for verse 2 and 3 of "Come Thou Fount." I also was not familiar enough with the words of verse two....muddle, muddle, muddle.

We seriously need to upgrade our easyworship/powerpoint slides..we need a better, more creative, and yet more controlled way of making sure what's up there adds to the message. (uggh!)

In general, I am in the music too much and need to memorize more so I can worship more freely.

The Diggety:
It was awesome sauce to lead with Ryan! Since we've been singing together for so long, the harmonies come so naturally. (hopefully the rhythms will come just as naturally soon) It was also sweet to have Cathi up on stage for the first time I've known her since middle school, so It felt like all family!

Lots of participation!

I got a lot of comments about how meaningful "At the Cross" was in worship last night. It's always great to see what songs connect most with people.

It looks like I may have a few weeks off from worship leading, since I'm heading to Alaska!! It will be refreshing to have a break and come back freshity-fresh.

Take a look at what other churches are up to at Fred's Blog!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent!! (And we use "Healer" too...)

    Sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great night downtown. I feel blessed that you and Ryan are worship leaders in Erie.

    You know how I feel about Healer already, so no need to retread.

    When do I get to play at Church in a Bar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use healer as well actually used it yesterday and beautiful one! and haha! was going to use Hosanna and Come Thou Fount- but I changed at the last minute.

    Oh snap- we were almost on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connection is indeed a very good thing. It's the whole point of why we're there isn't it - to lead people into communion & connection with God.

    (we use Healer too, but only when we're having a focus on healing, which is how we used it in the first place anyway)

    ReplyDelete