Monday, July 6, 2009

Who is Grace - Sunday, July 5th

Why am I blogging my worship orders.... Fred made me do it!
Check out all the other worship order bloggers at Fred's.

After taking one week to breathe and one week to travel to Alaska, it was good to be leading worship again this weekend.
This week I was at at Brian Lusky's church filling in while he was on a European vacation.
Here's the run-down...

Hosanna- Brooke Fraser (Key of E)
Welcome/Announcements
Marvelous Light- Christy Nockels version (Key of G)
How He Loves- Kim Walker Version (Key of G)
Lead me to the Cross- Brooke Fraser (Key of D)
Sermon
Enough- Part Barlow Girl, part Tomlin version (Key of E)

The dirty,
I came to practice straight from a conference in Pittsburgh so I didn't feel as prepared as usual.
I was asked to cut a song earlier in the week and it was re-added when I arrived so I was most def. not prepared to lead that particular song.

The diggety,
The team was three peeps I worked with last time I led at this venue, and three new peeps for me, all very talented all with a great attitude. Seriously great people!
The rehearsal and both services went off smoothly I think...
Engagement from the congregation seemed relatively high (in the second service anyhow)

By the way, this was the first time I used "Lead me to the Cross" and it will not be the last! Lovin' it! (Not sure what to think about the 'to your heart' bridge though.....)

4 comments:

  1. God working through you is great to see. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Please consider changing your background color. Can't read quite a bit of the blog because of the blend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff,
    I had background set as white.. but I re-set it as white just in case...let me know if it fixes itself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, the "to your heart" bridge often gets extended in our church. A great time to strip it right back to nothing and build and build and build.

    One of my fave songs...but I'm secretly in love with Brooke Fraser. It's ok, Diane and Brooke both know. Though I'm not sure Brooke's hubby does...or did...

    ReplyDelete