Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sunday, July 25 - Edinboro site

Scary day for me...
This was the first weekend I led the band with guitar in the big venue at our church...The larger crowd and more professional atmosphere really put the pressure on.

Here's the rundown..
Blessed Be (Key of A)
Better is One Day (Key of E)
You Are God Alone( Key of Ab)

Announcements/Offering

I Stand Amazed/How Marvelous (Key of G)
At the Cross (Key of E)

Message on fear

Father Will You Come (Key of G)

Here's the dirty.
1. A new huge screen right behind/above me...If I didn't already feel like people were staring...
2. Hello technical problems... cracking guitar, buzzing, fading in and out...fiddle, repeat.. ugh!. thankfully this just happened on Sat. night.
3. On Saturday evening I wanted to crawl under the stage I was so disappointed/embarrassed/frustrated.
4. I feel like I'm too much in the music and it hurts my connection with the worshipers.

Here's the diggety!
1. Awesome engagement from the people on the Sun am. services.. especially the 9am. which was so surprisingly refreshing!
2. What an amazing team to work with! Gracious, talented, encouraging...
3. It's supremely satisfying to have another guitar milestone behind me.
4. For so long, I was afraid to try to learn guitar because I thought I would fail.. I 'm grateful that I finally gave God a change to work through my life this way
5. God is faithful!

This is part of the sundaysetlists blog that Fred started one year ago! Check it out here!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like God showed up when you stepped out with your guitar! Your ministry is fortunate to have someone that is willing to follow God's leading! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I know you're proud! And as a fellow WL I'm proud of you for taking the plunge with the guitar! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that Sunday overcame the Saturday difficulties. God is faithful indeed!

    And...since I saw your comment on Janaki's blog ... just how cool is your summer proving to be over there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you had an awesome Sunday- I've missed reading your re-caps! Go ahead with your gee-tar! Love that! Great songs too! You GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenn,
    Sounds like a great day for you! Your post reminded me of a quote "What would you try, if you knew you couldn't fail?" I'm glad you went for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, I know what you mean on the guitar. I learned guitar (barely) and lead worship in high school and college and just stopped playing after I got married. My wife didn't understand - I just lost the desire. After I started leading again about (about 4 years ago), I was so afraid about playing - not feeling I good enough. My wife and pastor encouraged me as well as other guitarists in our band. I haven't looked back! I get by, but see it as a gift from God! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete